Boss Controls is committed to minimising the environmental impact of its business operations and we therefore keep informed on global environmental trends and issues. We recognise that good environmental practice must be an integral and fundamental part of our business practices and it is our aim to comply with current legislation and operate in an environmentally responsible manner. We also share our environmental knowledge and experience with all stakeholders to promote improved environmental performance.
Our environmental commitment
Our energy policy
Boss Controls recognises the global challenge of climate change We understand that our business has a part to play in moving towards a less carbon intensive energy system.
We are committed to continuously improving the management of our energy consumption and working towards energy-efficient best practice. Our focus centres on cost-effectiveness which reduces our energy costs whilst increasing our competitive advantage. We continually support our clients who use Building Energy Management Systems (BEMS) to reduce their energy consumption and CO2 emissions.
To achieve our energy-reduction goals, we will adopt the following best practices:
- We are currently developing an Energy Improvement program to support our overall business goals. The program will include improved employee engagement, energy efficiency objectives and targets and sustainable energy within our supply chain.
- Our new Energy Improvement programme includes the launch of a Safety Health & Environment Committee (“SHE Committee”) to continuously monitor and improve the safety, health and environment, in and around Boss Controls and Boss Energy.
- We research and test new technologies to be more environmentally sustainable, for example, we were the first BMS business to try the new Trend netmesh products.
- We strive to continuously improve our energy efficiency performance, improve productivity, and therefore reduce our environmental impacts through regular review of our activities.
- We actively seek employee ideas and participation in continuous energy improvement.
- We integrate energy efficiency business management practices within all aspects of our work
- We ensure our employees are aware of and accountable for their actions influencing energy management and we encourage them to be energy efficient within their own homes.
- We commit to reduce carbon, energy and water impacts and research new technologies to support low carbon and less water intensive energy systems for Boss Controls, Boss Energy and its clients’ in the future;
- We use electricity and water to service our premises. As well as the obvious financial implications, the use of these also has an impact upon the environment. We will, wherever possible, look to decrease its use of these resources and improve its management of the utilities by the implementation of energy efficiency measures.
- We ensure that all products and services purchased are as energy-efficient as possible.
- Integrate environmental improvements into our everyday decision making.
We realise our Continuous Energy Improvement program goals and objectives by ensuring that all members of Boss Energy and Boss Controls embrace this policy.
Signed: Mark Berwick, Managing Director
15th January 2018.
Our waste policy
- Prevention: Wherever possible, we use the duplex facility on printers / multi functional equipment and we re-use scrap paper for notes. By cutting down on the amount of paper used, we not only have a positive impact upon the environment but we also save on business costs at the same time. We purchase products with less material in design, manufacture and packaging where possible. We keep products for longer where possible.
- Preparing for Reuse: We clean, repair and refurbish products when possible.
- Recycling: We think before we bin it! If we can’t avoid creating waste, we endeavour transform waste into a new substance or product by recycling. All equipment and materials should be used wisely and help to reduce wastage wherever possible. All non-confidential waste should be recycled within the bins provided, electrical equipment not in use should be turned off, with heating and lighting used efficiently to prevent wastage. We make recycling part of everyday life in the workplace
- Recovery: We do not create enough waste to consider anaerobic digestion, incineration with energy recovery.
- Disposal: Please see our Duty of Care Certificate Registration Number: CBDL92876
Our transport policy
- Book several appointments in the same area on the same day
- Use methods of transport with less environmental impact, minimise wasted journeys by checking attendance with prospective clients
- Drive their vehicles more efficiently
- Use local suppliers where possible for stationery and materials
- Boss Controls is currently investigating and setting up a WEEE
- Disposal policy which will be incorporated into our policies and procedures shortly.
Important message regarding Coronavirus
Important message regarding Coronavirus
Over the past few days, confirmed numbers of Coronavirus infected people across the UK has increased significantly.
Boss Controls and Boss Energy want you to know that your health and safety is our first priority. We’ve always taken great pride in training our BMS engineering team to the highest levels of engineering and personal awareness, and we know this is more important than ever right now.
We have instructed our field teams to take extra / particular care with hygiene, social distancing, to be aware of choice of public transport, ensuring that they self-assess to ensure that any symptoms are quickly reported and dealt with. And of course, we’re committed to taking care of our clients, as well as our team.
For weeks, we’ve provided our office and remote based team with the latest guidance and information so they can keep themselves and their families safe, using information provided by government bodies, NHS England and trade associations. We would ask that clients inform us of any operational changes to their organisation(s), should they occur.
We’re encouraging sick team members to stay home and asking our office based teams to travel only if it’s business critical. And, to help support our team in real-time, we’ve set up a forum where we’re sharing information and taking questions 24/7.
At the centre of our company’s purpose is a commitment to help all families, and it’s something we take to heart in good times and bad. This is why we’ll be working hard to keep services available to clients, to ensure that client working environments are maintained to the highest level.
As you know we are passionate about breathing life into buildings. It is essential at times like this that your BMS controls are kept in tip top condition and air changes are not compromised. Please speak to us, if you wish to learn how we can effectively monitor / assess / smart service your BMS Equipment remotely.
Warm regards from the Directors of Boss Controls.
Mark Berwick and Rob Wood
A selection of our valued clients who have benefited from reduced energy bills and improved productivity.
Office: 01403 886508
Out of hours help desk:
For PPM customers. Please enquire.
Address: Barclays House, 51 Bishopric, Horsham RH12 1QJ