Learn how BMS controls can prolong the life expectancy of your HVAC plant equipment
As you may know, benefits of BMS control systems include managing energy consumption, boosting employee productivity and improving wellbeing of building occupants. What you may not know is that BMS Controls, when used alongside regular maintenance, prolong the life of HVAC equipment; this is like eating a healthy food alongside taking regular exercise for super-optimum body health and performance. So, how long does an HVAC system last?
Question: When you are living, working, shopping or playing inside, how often do you think about the hardworking machines churning away tireless in the background, maintaining your comfort? It is easy to imagine that the constant wear and tear must have a negative effect on the life expectancy of HVAC plant, reducing its life expectancy.
BMS helps to prolong the life expectancy of HVAC equipment which reduces replacement cost and waste to landfill
BMS controls monitor and manage your building HVAC plant and equipment to ensure that it is running efficiently and reliably.
- Our BMS experts build alarms into BMS strategies which inform your personnel about problems to your plant
- Our BMS experts develop strategies which are able to detect changes to building conditions outside of agreed limits; leaving this undetected could put strain on your plant.
- BMS strategies are able to detect unpredictable changes on a seasonal basis and make essential changes automatically, reducing the pressure on your plant.
- Our BMS services include Planned and Preventative maintenance (PPM) planning which manage plant run hours and measure system changes. These may include detection of dirty filters in ventilation systems which reduces unforeseen breakdowns.
How long does HVAC equipment last normally?
The American Society of Heating American Society of Heating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHAE) has published a useful document which lists the life expectancy of HVAC plant.
In short, the life expectancies are:
- Air conditioners – 10-15 years
- Heat pumps – up to 19 years
- Fans (roof mounted) – 20 years
It is important to note that manufacturers’ systems are different and therefore life expectancy varies. Normally the older the equipment, the less energy efficient it will be. Our BMS experts write strategies that optimise your plant to the max, extending its life.
As you can see from above, BMS is quite the superhero by saving the life of your HVAC plant with huge benefits for businesses. What are you waiting for? Call us on 01403 886508 today or use the contact form below.
Office: 01403 886508
Out of hours help desk:
For PPM customers. Please enquire.
Address: Barclays House, 51 Bishopric, Horsham RH12 1QJ